|PO Box 1279,|
|Evis Resort Coordinates||Contact|
|Latitude in decimal degrees: -8.683333|
Longitude in decimal degrees: 157.866667
Latitude in degrees, minutes, and seconds: 8° 41′ 00″ S
Longitude in degrees, minutes, and seconds: 157° 52′ 00″ E
Telephone: +677 7968237, or +677 7801229
what3words: Jetty: ///delightedly.removers.assisting
You need to plan your journey to Seghe airfield (EGM).
- International flights from Brisbane to Honiara by Virgin and Solomon Airlines/Qantas. Check on-line for up to date schedules.
- New direct service Brisbane to Munda from mid 2018 – check on line
- High season flights from Sydney to Honiara by Solomon Airlines/Qantas
- Alternative international flights from Port Moresby (PNG), Port Vila (Vanuatu) or Nadi (Fiji)
- Direct daily air connections from Honiara to Seghe (Solomon Airways)
- Regular direct flights from Suavanao, Munda and Gizo to Seghe (Solomon Airlines)
- You can check Solomon Airlines flights on-line on www.flysolomons.com
- Passenger/freight boat services from Honiara Port to Seghe;
- MV Fair Glory/ Fair Lady (Sunday morning 9 am departures from Honiara, arriving early hours of Monday morning at Seghe)
- MV Anjeanette (departs 9pm Saturday and arrives 1pm Sunday).
We think that the boat option is worth considering – particularly the Anjeanette as it gives a better “feel” of the Solomons and takes you through the breath-taking scenery of the east side of the Marovo lagoon in the early morning. “First Class” communal cabins area available on the Anjeanette, but bring a Chinese mat to sleep on and arrive at 6pm latest to reserve your space.
- Transfers from Seghe to Nggatirana Island by one of Evis Resort’s boats – just 23 minutes. Please book transfer at the time of booking your stay at Evis Resort.
We recommend you build-in a couple of slack days into your travel arrangements – particularly your return journey as storms, bad visibility etc. can frequently result in cancellations or delays.
We can arrange inter-resort transfers by motor canoe, typically to or from Uepi, Marovo Sea Lodge, Matikuri, Wilderness Lodge, Ropiko, Mbili, Chea etc.
For visitors from most countries, visas are issued free on arrival. Please check on-line for up-to-date situation. Tourist visas are limited to 90 days for tourists – within any 12-month period. Make sure you have a return or onward air ticket booked out of Honiara and that you are able to produce your ticket (or at least have a scan or picture of your ticket on your phone) when checking in at the Domestic Terminal in Honiara and at Seghe airfield. Solomon Airlines needs a ticket number, not a reservation code.
We can assist with both hotels and home-stay in Honiara – there’s a tremendous selection suiting all budgets.
Getting around Honiara
Honiara taxi drivers are generally honest, using their odometers to calculate the fare. Taxis are cleaned every day. Current rates are 10 SBD per km on the vehicle odometer.
Alternatively look at car rental – although be warned, even the main roads are regularly potholed – it’s a never ending task to patch them up, due to heavy rains and poor drainage, although the main Kukum Highway is being upgraded with Japanese aid funding. Speeds are low (due to potholes and taxis looking for clients). Right hand drive makes things more familiar for Aussies and Brits.